Outdoor Oklahoma 40 Year Anniversary Special
In 1976, Outdoor Oklahoma began airing its weekly television show on the OETA network across Oklahoma. Forty years later, Outdoor Oklahoma continues its relationship with OETA, bringing quality outdoor programming across Oklahoma every Sunday morning at 8am. In this episode, current host Todd Craighead sits down with many of the previous hosts and producers to talk about the successes of the past 40 years and beyond.
How To Make a Knife
In this segment we visit with an accomplished knife maker who shows us just how easy it is to build a knife.
Historic Flood of 2015
In 2015, Oklahoma experienced what experts have called an unprecedented event. How were fish and wildlife affected?
Opening Day Lake Hefner May 30th, 1946
Enjoy film footage of the opening day of Fishing at Lake Hefner in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. 70 years of great fishing in the Oklahoma City area.
Red River Stripers
We take Newson6 Meteorologist Disk Faurot striper fishing in the Red River below Lake Texoma.
FEATURED IN THE JANUARY/FEBRUARY 2018 ISSUE:
- A new wildlife management area opened to the public this past autumn. Readers get a first look at Arbuckle Springs, perhaps the most ecologically diverse public areas managed by the Wildlife Department..
- Want to see a remarkable sampling of nature? Look no further than Red Slough Wildlife Management Area in far southeastern Oklahoma. Wildlife Diversity Information Specialist Jena Donnell tells us about this area that was recently named to the U.S. Forest Service's 2017 list of Top NautreWatch Viewing Sites.
- Our annual report on Controlled Hunt Selections can be found in this issue. Learn how you can play the odds to possibly increase you chances of getting drawn for your hunt of a lifetime.
- In the regular "Watchable Wildlife" feature, Laura Eckart profiles America's tallest bird, the whooping crane. These birds have made a respectiable comeback from the brink of extinction with the help of intensive conservation efforts.
- Our regular "Off the Beaten Path" section features "Game Warden's Journal," "Game Bag," "Outdoor Calendar" and much more.
BECOME A SUBSCRIBER TODAY!
MAGAZINE CUSTOMER SERVICE
To renew your subscription, please call (800) 777-0019.