Looking for a nearby lake or pond to fish in? Through agreements between Oklahoma municipalities and the Wildlife Department, these areas offer excellent "Close to Home" fishing opportunities in metro areas.
In addition to state fishing license requirements, some municipalities require daily or annual city fishing permits. Check with local officials for details on cost and permit vendor locations. Phone numbers for city offices are listed below.
Close-to-Home Fishing waters have the following additional restrictions:
• Fishing is limited to no more than three (3) rods and reels per person, with no more than three (3) hooks per line (treble hooks are considered one hook). No other fishing methods are allowed, except noodling is allowed in the North Canadian River from the NW 10th Street bridge downstream to the MacArthur Street bridge in OKC.
• All largemouth and smallmouth bass caught must be released (returned to the water) immediately after being taken; no harvest is allowed.
• Channel catfish and blue catfish have a combined daily limit of six (6); no size limits apply.
For all other species, consult the statewide regulations.
Oklahoma City (405) 297-1426:
• Crystal Lake (6625 SW 15th)
• Dolese Youth Park (5105 NW 50th)
• Edwards Park (1515 N. Bryant Avenue)
• Kids Lake (3200 W Wilshire Boulevard)
• Kitchen Lake (5501 SE 119th)
• Route 66 Park (9901 NW 23rd)
• South Lakes Regional Park (4210 SW 119th)
• Zoo Lake (2101 NE 50th) east shoreline only
Choctaw (405) 390-8198:
• Choctaw Creek Park (NE 23rd Street and Harper Road)
• Ten Acre Park (NE 10th Street and Choctaw Road)
Del City (405) 671-2868:
• Eagle Lake (3405 E Reno)
El Reno (405) 262-4070:
• Legion Park (620 S. Reno Ave.)
• Southern Hills North (2710 Faith Ave.)
• Southern Hills South (2810 Faith Ave.)
Enid (580) 554-1536:
• Meadowlake Park (Corner of South Van Buren St. & West Rupe Avenue)
• Government Springs North Park(300 South 5th Street)
• Crosslin Park (1600 block West Purdue Avenue)
• City of Enid Water Works (1400 block West Chestnut Avenue
Harrah (405) 454-2951:
• Heritage Park (1374 N Church Avenue)
Jenks (918) 299-5883:
• Veterans Park Pond (E 101 and Elm)
Lawton (580) 581-3400:
• Elmer Thomas Park - Lake Helen (I-44 and NW Cache Road)
Mustang (405) 376-7739:
• Wild Horse Park SW 59th and Mustang Road)
Yukon (405) 354-7208:
• City Park (2200 S. Holly Street)
• Welch Park (615 Annawood Road)
• Robertson Activity Center (1200 Lakeshore Drive)