Sooner Lake (Google Map) is located 25 miles north of Stillwater and 20 miles south of Ponca City on US 177.
OG+E manages two boat ramps.
- Academy (Stillwater)- (405) 742-6010
- Lake McMurtry West Bait Shop- (405) 747-8085
- Walmart Supercenter (Stillwater)- (405) 707-0744
- Lakeview Campground, Boat Storage, Bait Shop & Store- (580) 765-2219
- Cowboy Corner at Lake Carl Blackwell- (405) 743-1977
- Walmart Supercenter (Ponca City)- (580) 762-0395
- R.C. Bait and Tackle- (405) 880-5522
- Bubba's Outdoor Sports- (580) 262-2275
- Grit & Grace Outdoors- (580) 362-1016
- Keystone Lake Bait & Store- (918) 899-2649
Florida strain largemouth bass, hybrid striped bass and saugeye are stocked. Brush piles are put into the lake for fish habitat.
West Boat Ramp is ADA compliant.
Striped bass: 5 per day, minimum length of 20 inches; others must be returned to the water immediately. Walleye, sauger and saugeye: six combined per day/18-inch minimum.
Allowed methods: rod and reel, bowfishing, and noodling. Fishing is prohibited from dam, fenced area below dam, and north bank of intake channel. Fishing in the buoy-marked intake channel, discharge channel and spillway embankment is bank fishing only (no float tubes or wading).
Closed to all seasons except waterfowl.