Events Aid Conservation Partners, ODWC in Habitat, Wildlife Efforts
Upcoming events planned by conservation partners of the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation not only build support for those groups but also help boost efforts to improve Oklahoma's natural resources.
These conservation partners regularly make substantial donations to the Wildlife Department for projects and activities aimed to improve wildlife and habitat management across the state. Here are some of those upcoming events that anyone is welcome to attend to show their support for conservation:
QUAIL FOREVER/PHEASANTS FOREVER
- Aug. 10: Youth Outdoor Expo, Tulsa (www.facebook.com/events/
- Aug. 10: Prescribed Fire Field Day, Lake McMurtry (www.facebook.com/events/
- Aug. 31: Central Oklahoma 89er Chapter Snake Avoidance Clinic for Dog Owners, Edmond (www.pheasantsforeverevents.
- Sept. 7: All Day Women's Event, Ponca City (https://www.facebook.com/
- Local events set in Idabel, Aug. 10; Oklahoma City, Aug. 17; Tulsa, Aug. 24; Yukon, Aug. 29; Elk City, Sept. 26; Enid, Oct. 19; Woodward, Nov. 2 (www.oklahomaquailforever.org)
NATIONAL WILD TURKEY FEDERATION
- Aug. 10: Parking Lot Party and Concert, Shawnee (www.facebook.com/events/
- Aug. 17: Wildlife Conservation Field Day for Hunters, Landowners, Native Prairie Enthusiasts and Beekeepers, Cross Timbers Wildlife Management Area, must RSVP by Aug. 15 (www.wildlifedepartment.com/
- Aug. 24: Deer Hunting 101 Workshop, jointly with Quail Forever and Oklahoma Blood Trackers, Oklahoma City (https://www.
wildlifedepartment.com/ calendar/deer-hunting-101- workshop)
- Sept. 1: Oklahoma Dove Hunt, Cherokee (www.facebook.com/events/
- Local events set in Holdenville, Aug. 10; Grove, Aug. 17; Walters, Sept. 7; El Reno, Sept. 14; Broken Arrow, Sept. 17 (http://www.nwtf.org/events).
- Local events set in Sand Springs, Aug. 10; Perry, Aug. 10; Grove, Aug. 13; Shawnee, Aug. 13; Lone Wolf, Aug. 15; Oklahoma City, Aug. 16; Broken Arrow, Aug. 17; Idabel, Aug. 24; Guthrie (Silverleaf), Aug. 24; Lawton, Aug. 29; Vinita, Sept. 12; Elk City, Sept. 12; McAlester, Sept. 19; Ada, Sept. 26; Norman, Sept. 27; Enid, Oct. 3; Claremore, Oct. 3; Muskogee, Oct. 3; Kellyville, Oct. 5; Poteau, Oct. 10; Claremore, Oct. 17; Colbert, Oct. 24; Shawnee, Oct. 24 (www.ducks.org/Oklahoma/events
FRIENDS OF NRA
- Local events set in Enid, Aug. 10; Newcastle, Aug. 15; Elk City, Aug. 17; Tulsa, Aug. 22; Tahlequah, Sept. 12; Idabel, Sept. 14; Stillwater, Sept. 26; Duncan, Sept. 28; Alva, Oct. 3; Dewey, Oct. 5; Woodward, Oct. 12; Wilburton, Oct. 31; Oklahoma City, Oct. 31 (www.FriendsOfNRA.org).
ROCKY MOUNTAIN ELK FOUNDATION
- Feb. 29: Tulsa Big Game Banquet, Tulsa (www.rmef.org/oklahoma/tulsa)
Outdoor enthusiasts will also have the opportunity to support these groups and others by attending the annual Wildlife Expo on Sept. 28-29.
Presented by the Wildlife Department and a coalition of conservation organizations, agencies and sponsors, Wildlife Expo celebrates our great state's natural diversity and opportunities for outdoor enthusiasts and newcomers. From camping and outdoor skills to shooting sports, fishing and bird watching, Expo visitors can try their hands at two days of family fun.
Admission, parking and all activities are free at the Lazy E Arena south of Guthrie. For more information, go to www.wildlifedepartment.com/