Oklahoma City Fishing License is required in addition to a State Fishing License, unless exempt.
Operated by OKC Water Trust Authority. Lake Hefner is an urban lake bustling with life, rated as one of the best lakes for sailboarding. Boat dock, fishing docks, enclosed heated fishing dock, picnic areas, grills, restrooms, playgrounds, group shelters, nature trail, running track, softball field, golf course with pro shop and cart rental, model airplane field, and soccer field. Boat slips and dry storage are available. Shoreline length is 18 miles, lake acreage 2,500, average depth 29 feet, maximum depth 94 feet, walking/jogging trail 9 miles. Activities: Stars & Stripes Park, fishing, boating, sailing, sailboarding, jogging.
Lake Hefner (Google Map) is located between NW Grand Blvd and Hefner Road, and Hefner Parkway (S.H. 74) and MacArthur Avenue.
Lake Hefner has a marina, fishing docks, enclosed heated fishing dock, picnic areas, grills, restrooms, playgrounds, group shelters, nature trail, running track, sailboard rentals, softball field, golf course with pro shop and cart rental, model airplane field, soccer field and 9 mile walking/biking trail that circles the lake. Boat slips and dry storage are available.
- Lucky Lure Tackle(9427 N May Ave, Oklahoma City, OK 73120)- (405) 749-1808
- Walmart Supercenter (OKC)(7800 Northwest Expy, Oklahoma City, OK 73132)- (405) 773-2625
- Walmart Supercenter (OKC)(1801 Belle Isle Blvd, Oklahoma City, OK 73118)- (405) 841-6502
- Cabela's(1200 W Memorial Rd, Oklahoma City, OK 73114)- (405) 546-3500
- Walmart Supercenter (OKC)(6100 W Reno Ave, Oklahoma City, OK 73127)- (405) 491-0320
- Bass Pro Shops(200 Bass Pro Dr, Oklahoma City, OK 73104)- (405) 218-5200
- Academy (Edmond)(2501 S Broadway, Edmond, OK 73013)- (405) 715-4530
- Academy (Yukon)(12324 NW 10th St, Yukon, OK 73099)- (405) 246-1429
- Walmart Supercenter (Yukon)(1200 Garth Brooks Blvd, Yukon, OK 73099)- (405) 350-1900
- Walmart Supercenter (Edmond)(1225 W I- 35 Frontage Rd, Edmond, OK 73034)- (405) 348-8005
Annually stocked with walleye and hybrid striped bass. Occasionally stocked with channel catfish.
The eastern shoreline of these lakes provide gentle, drive-up access. The boat launching and dock on Hefner offers additional fishing access. There is 1 lighted fishing pier. In addition to the docks there is a heated enclosed dock.
For more information please contact Oklahoma City Lakes at (405) 755-4014.
Allowed methods: up to three rods and reels per person with no more than three hooks per line (treble hooks are considered one hook). Bowfishing during daylight hours only. For all special regulations, visit https://www.okc.gov.
Mar 17. Elevation is 5 ft. below normal (stable), water temperature 51°F and stained. (USGS Lake Level)
Walleye Slow on spoons around channels.
Bass, White, Crappie, Black, Crappie, White Fair on jigs, minnows, tube jigs around dam, docks, shorelines.
Catfish, Blue, Catfish, Channel Slow on hot dogs, live shad, shad around dam, docks.
Report submitted by Tim Campbell (Game Warden Oklahoma County)
List of Threatened and Endangered Species Scheduled for Updates in 2023
We discuss scheduled federal listings of threatened and endangered species with the Wildlife Department’s endangered species biologist.
Mar 23, 2023
Controlling Chinese Privet
We address the plant, the problem, and the solution for controlling Chinese privet.
Mar 16, 2023