Oklahoma City Fishing License is required in addition to a State Fishing License, unless exempt.
Oklahoma City's oldest reservoir, Lake Overholser was built in 1919 and connects to Hefner Lake by a canal. Size: 1,500 surface acres Depth: 6 feet average, 13 feet deepest Attractions: Covered fishing pier, boat ramps, tending docks, handicap facilities, and fish attractors. A covered picnic pavilion is available on advance notice. Picnicking, fishing, sailing, boating, and personal watercraft are permitted. Swimming is prohibited.
Lake Overholser (Google Map) is located between NW 10th St. and U.S. Route 66, and N Morgan Road and Overholser Drive.
City of Oklahoma City manages a covered fishing pier, boat ramps, tending docks, handicap facilities and fish attractors. A covered picnic pavilion is available on advance notice. Picnicking, fishing, sailing, boating, and personal watercraft are permitted. Swimming is prohibited.
- Walmart Supercenter (OKC)(6100 W Reno Ave, Oklahoma City, OK 73127)- (405) 491-0320
- Academy (Yukon)(12324 NW 10th St, Yukon, OK 73099)- (405) 246-1429
- Walmart Supercenter (Yukon)(1200 Garth Brooks Blvd, Yukon, OK 73099)- (405) 350-1900
- Walmart Supercenter (OKC)(7800 Northwest Expy, Oklahoma City, OK 73132)- (405) 773-2625
- Walmart Supercenter (Mustang)(951 E State Hwy 152, Mustang, OK 73064)- (405) 376-4549
- Walmart Supercenter (OKC)(1801 Belle Isle Blvd, Oklahoma City, OK 73118)- (405) 841-6502
- Lucky Lure Tackle(9427 N May Ave, Oklahoma City, OK 73120)- (405) 749-1808
- Bass Pro Shops(200 Bass Pro Dr, Oklahoma City, OK 73104)- (405) 218-5200
- Cabela's(1200 W Memorial Rd, Oklahoma City, OK 73114)- (405) 546-3500
- Walmart Supercenter (Del City)(5401 Tinker Diagonal St, Del City, OK 73115)- (405) 670-1007
Annually stocked with channel catfish and hybrid striped bass.
- Southwest corner of lake - covered fishing pier
- East side of lake (near patrol station) - boat ramp with tending dock
- South end by dam - boat ramp with tending dock
For more information please contact Oklahoma City Lakes at (405) 755-4014.
Allowed methods: up to three rods and reels per person, with no more than three hooks per line (treble hooks are considered one hook). Bowfishing during daylight hours only. For all special regulations visit okc.gov.
Mar 20. Elevation is 3.5 ft. below normal (stable), water temperature 50°F and stained. (USGS Lake Level)
Bass, Striped Hybrid, Bass, White Fair on crawfish, shrimp around shallows, shorelines.
Catfish, Blue, Catfish, Channel Slow on cut bait, shrimp, worms around points, shorelines.
Crappie, White Slow on minnows around dam.
Report submitted by Mark Murray (Game Warden Canadian County)
Fish Species of Interest
List of Threatened and Endangered Species Scheduled for Updates in 2023
We discuss scheduled federal listings of threatened and endangered species with the Wildlife Department’s endangered species biologist.
Mar 23, 2023
Controlling Chinese Privet
We address the plant, the problem, and the solution for controlling Chinese privet.
Mar 16, 2023