Operated by the City of Shawnee. Twin Lake #1 maintains one public boat ramp, one boat dock, and one enclosed fishing dock. Twin Lake #2 maintains one boat ramp, one boat dock, and a handicap kayak launch. Twin Lake #2 does not allow skiing, tubing, or personal watercraft.
Shawnee Twin Lakes are located 7 miles west of Shawnee in Pottawatomie County, Oklahoma.
From I-40, head south on highway 102 approximately one mile. Turn right on Pecan Grove road to access Lake #2. From I-40, head south on highway 102 approximately three miles and turn right onto Lake Road to access Lake #1.
Operated and maintained by the City of Shawnee. Shawnee Twin Lakes offer boating, fishing, kayaking, hunting, primitive camping, swimming, and restrooms.
- Our Acres Bait Shop LLC- (405) 432-4212
- Walmart Supercenter (Shawnee)- (405) 275-1030
- Little River Marina- (405) 364-8335
- Calypso Cove Marina- (405) 360-9846
- Alameda Market- (405) 366-7990
- Walmart Supercenter (Del City)- (405) 670-1007
- Walmart Supercenter (Norman)- (405) 579-5203
- Walmart Supercenter (Seminole)- (405) 382-5290
- Keith's Country Store- (405) 905-0359
- Bass Pro Shops- (405) 218-5200
Shawnee Twin Lakes were constructed in 1960 by the City of Shawnee. Both lakes impound South Deer Creek and are connected by a 10-foot deep canal. Historically, poor Largemouth Bass recruitment and turbidity have been a problem. Both have seen improvement. Saugeye were introduced in 1988 to provide an additional fishing opportunity and as a tool to help improve the crappie size structure. Saugeye continue to be stocked frequently for fishing opportunity.
Saugeye and Channel Catfish are stocked periodically. Fish attractors are maintained to help increase angler success.
Enclosed Fishing Dock, Boat Dock, Kayak Launch.