Operated by the City of Chandler. Bell Cow Lake has four recreation areas (Area A, B, C and D), two boat ramps, a covered fishing dock, picnic tables, pavilions, camping, hiking, restrooms and equestrian trails.
Bell Cow Lake (Google Map) is located 3.5 miles northwest of I-44 via SH 18 and E 890 Rd.
City of Chandler manages campgrounds with full RV hookups, two boat ramps and a covered fishing dock.
- Walmart Supercenter (Chandler)(3100 E 1st St, Chandler, OK 74834)- (405) 258-0541
- R.C. Bait and Tackle(11608 Fairgrounds Rd, Perkins, OK 74059)- (405) 880-5522
- Walmart Supercenter (Shawnee)(196 Shawnee Mall Dr, Shawnee, OK 74804)- (405) 275-1030
- Lakeview Grocery(7803 S Sooner Rd, Guthrie, OK 73044)- (405) 877-3155
- Magic Bait Co(700 E Industrial Rd, Guthrie, OK 73044)- (405) 282-8040
- Walmart Supercenter (Stillwater)(4545 W 6th Ave, Stillwater, OK 74074)- (405) 707-0744
- Walmart Supercenter (Edmond)(1225 W I- 35 Frontage Rd, Edmond, OK 73034)- (405) 348-8005
- Walmart Supercenter (Guthrie)(1608 S Division St, Guthrie, OK 73044)- (405) 282-7900
- Academy (Stillwater)(2409 N Perkins Rd, Stillwater, OK 74075)- (405) 742-6010
- Our Acres Bait Shop LLC(17208 OK-102, Shawnee, OK 74801)- (405) 432-4212
Bell Cow Lake was constructed in 1990 by the City of Chandler and was opened to fishing in the fall of 1993. In the past, high turbidity and limited aquatic vegetation resulted in poor bass recruitment and low abundance. Introductions of aquatic vegetation were made in the late 90’s and early 2000’s. Florida Largemouth Bass were stocked periodically from 1991 to 2006 to introduce Florida Largemouth Bass genetics. Currently Bell Cow lake is being managed as a trophy bass fishery with only one Largemouth Bass over 22 inches per day may be kept.
Bell Cow Lake is being managed as a trophy bass fishery by means of a city-imposed 22” minimum length limit. Largemouth Bass are stocked periodically.
Boat docks are ADA compliant.
Bell Cow Lake Report
Mar 26. Elevation is 4 ft. below normal (stable), water temperature 50°F and murky.
Bass, Largemouth Fair on crankbaits, spinnerbaits around brush structure, riprap.
Crappie, Black, Crappie, White Fair on jigs, minnows around brush structure, docks.
Catfish, Channel Fair on worms around brush structure.
Report submitted by Harriet (Game Warden Lincoln County)
Fish Species of Interest
List of Threatened and Endangered Species Scheduled for Updates in 2023
We discuss scheduled federal listings of threatened and endangered species with the Wildlife Department’s endangered species biologist.
Mar 23, 2023
Controlling Chinese Privet
We address the plant, the problem, and the solution for controlling Chinese privet.
Mar 16, 2023