Operated by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. Impounded in 1953 Ft. Gibson is the last lake in the Grand River chain and is subject to drastic lake level fluctuations. Located near Wagoner, Ok, Ft. Gibson Lake can be accessed through numerous USACE areas and two state parks, and it is very popular for all types of recreation. Ft. Gibson is a highly productive lake, where the Ozarks meet the central irregular plains. Rocky bluffs and outcrops dominate the east side of the lake, and shallower with gradual slopes on the west side.
Fort Gibson Lake (Google Map) is located 7 miles east of Wagoner on SH 51.
U.S. Corps of Engineers and Oklahoma State Parks manage campgrounds with full RV hookups, boat ramps and designated swimming areas.
- Mater's Bait & Tackle(7500 N York Rd, Okay, OK 74446)
- Dunham's Sports(2346 E Shawnee Rd, Muskogee, OK 74403)- (918) 913-4250
- Mike's Outdoors(2015 N York St, Muskogee, OK 74403)- (918) 687-3146
- Bait Barn(550 W Harris Rd, Muskogee, OK 74403)- (918) 682-4479
- Walmart Supercenter (Muskogee)(1000 W Shawnee St, Muskogee, OK 74401)- (918) 687-0058
- Walmart Supercenter (Wagoner)(410 S Dewey Ave, Wagoner, OK 74467)- (918) 485-9515
- Bait Masters(1516 OK-51, Wagoner, OK 74467)- (918) 485-9206
- Walmart Supercenter (Tahlequah)(2020 Muskogee Ave, Tahlequah, OK 74464)- (918) 456-8804
- Jimmy Houston Outdoors Store(25148 OK-82, Park Hill, OK 74451)- (918) 456-1156
- Pokey's Trading Post Bait & Tackle Shop(854 Spring Creek Ct, Locust Grove, OK 74352)- (918) 386-2738
Crappie have a 10" minimum and daily limit of 15.
On the west side of the lake, some access is possible from jetties and berms.
All crappie: 15 combined per day/10-inch minimum.
Fort Gibson Report
Mar 26. Elevation is 7.5 ft. above normal (stable), water temperature 50°F and murky. (USACE Lake Level)
Bass, Largemouth Fair on Alabama rig, crankbaits, jerk baits, lipless baits around coves, points, riprap.
Crappie, Black, Crappie, White Slow on hair jigs, jigs, minnows around brush structure, docks, main lake.
Bass, White Slow on crankbaits, jigs, plastic baits around creek channels.
Report submitted by Cody Morris (Game Warden Wagoner County)
List of Threatened and Endangered Species Scheduled for Updates in 2023
We discuss scheduled federal listings of threatened and endangered species with the Wildlife Department’s endangered species biologist.
Mar 23, 2023
Controlling Chinese Privet
We address the plant, the problem, and the solution for controlling Chinese privet.
Mar 16, 2023