Operated by the City of Okmulgee. Okmulgee Lake has four recreation areas (Pin Oak Landing, Black Jack Area, Red Oak Area, and Hickory Point), four boat ramps, a covered fishing dock, picnic tables, pavilions, camping, hiking, and restrooms.
Okmulgee Lake (Google Map) is located .5 miles west of SH 56 on Dripping Springs Rd.
From Okmulgee OK, Highway 75 (Wood Dr.) turn west on E 6th St. OK-56 for 11miles. Take Dripping springs lake Rd, which will follow the east side of Okmulgee Lake.
City of Okmulgee manages campgrounds with full RV hookups and boat ramps.
- Baitshop at Dripping Springs/Okmulgee Lakes(19285 Dripping Springs Lake Rd, Okmulgee, OK 74447)- (918) 758-5533
- Walmart Supercenter (Okmulgee)(1800 S Wood Dr, Okmulgee, OK 74447)- (918) 756-6790
- Pat's Achery & Outdoors(12601 US-75, Okmulgee, OK 74447)- (918) 756-4632
- Bulls Corner Bait Shop(9952 Hornbeam Rd, Henryetta, OK 74437)
- Walmart (Henryetta)(605 E Main St, Henryetta, OK 74437)- (918) 652-9676
- Lake Eufaula Marina(HC, Box 1435, 60, Checotah, OK 74426)- (918) 689-7337
- Newman Wholesale Fishing Tackle Distribution(419023 Texanna Rd, Eufaula, OK 74432)
- Walmart Supercenter (Sand Springs)(220 OK-97, Sand Springs, OK 74063)- (918) 245-0213
- Flamingo Fish & Marine(325 N Main St, Eufaula, OK 74432)
- Belle Starr Marina(420146 E. 1158, Checotah Dr, Checotah, OK 74426)- (918) 689-2132
Okmulgee Lake was constructed in 1928 by the City of Okmulgee with the primary purposes of water supply and recreation. For many years, the largemouth bass fishery in the lake was characterized as being only fair. After the drawdown of Dripping Springs Lake in 1996 for repairs to the water control tower, many large bass with Florida bass genes were collected from Dripping Springs Lake and transplanted to Okmulgee in order to prevent a fish kill in the small amount of water left in Dripping Springs. This temporarily increased bass abundance and size structure. Okmulgee Lake is currently being managed with a 13-16 inch slot length that was enacted by state regulations in 2001. Before 2001, the lake was managed with a 12-15 inch slot length limit for several years. Anglers are strongly encouraged to harvest bass <13 inches long in this lake to prevent overpopulation and degradation of the good size structure currently present.
Channel catfish and Florida strain largemouth bass are stocked periodically.
Fish attractors are maintained to help increase angler success.
Boat docks and Fishing Docks are ADA compliant. For additional info contact Okmulgee State Park, (918) 756-5971.
Fish Species of Interest
Eagle Scout Prospect Builds Bat Boxes
A group of Scouts gathered to plan, build, and install three rocket-style bat boxes.
May 22, 2023
Tips for Moving Turtles from Roadways
Oklahoma's roads can be a dangerous place for wildlife, especially deliberate but slow-moving turtles. As you motor across the state this spring, consider lending these fellow travelers a hand with these three tips.
May 18, 2023