Taft lake is an impoundment of Pecan creek that was originally constructed by the State of Oklahoma as a water supply for a hospital Taft lake has a surface area of 59 acres with an average depth of 10 ft. and a maximum depth of 33 ft. Taft is a fairly clear lake with an average visibility of 5 ft.
Taft is located approximately 6 miles W of Muskogee on hwy 62.
Hwy 64 W of Muskogee approximately 6 miles. Lake is on the Southside and the turn-off is designated by a road sign.
- No camping available
- Shoreline access
- Gravel boat ramp
- Walmart Supercenter (Muskogee)- (918) 687-0058
- Bait Barn- (918) 682-4479
- Dunham's Sports- (918) 913-4250
- Mike's Outdoors- (918) 687-3146
- Mater's Bait & Tackle
- Walmart Supercenter (Wagoner)- (918) 485-9515
- Bait Masters- (918) 485-9206
- Lake Eufaula Marina- (918) 689-7337
- Pat's Achery & Outdoors- (918) 756-4632
- Walmart Supercenter (Okmulgee)- (918) 756-6790
Taft lake receives Florida Largemouth fingerling stockings when available in order to increase the trophy potential of the Largemouth bass population. Threadfin shad are stocked to serve as a supplemental forage to increase the seasonal forage base.
Fishing limited to only two rods and reels per person. Fishing limited to rod and reel. No other method of fishing allowed.