Taft lake is an impoundment of Pecan creek that was originally constructed by the State of Oklahoma as a water supply for a hospital Taft lake has a surface area of 59 acres with an average depth of 10 ft. and a maximum depth of 33 ft. Taft is a fairly clear lake with an average visibility of 5 ft.
Taft is located approximately 6 miles W of Muskogee on hwy 62.
Hwy 64 W of Muskogee approximately 6 miles. Lake is on the Southside and the turn-off is designated by a road sign.
- No camping available
- Shoreline access
- Gravel boat ramp
- Walmart Supercenter (Muskogee)(1000 W Shawnee St, Muskogee, OK 74401)- (918) 687-0058
- Bait Barn(550 W Harris Rd, Muskogee, OK 74403)- (918) 682-4479
- Dunham's Sports(2346 E Shawnee Rd, Muskogee, OK 74403)- (918) 913-4250
- Mike's Outdoors(2015 N York St, Muskogee, OK 74403)- (918) 687-3146
- Mater's Bait & Tackle(7500 N York Rd, Okay, OK 74446)
- Walmart Supercenter (Wagoner)(410 S Dewey Ave, Wagoner, OK 74467)- (918) 485-9515
- Bait Masters(1516 OK-51, Wagoner, OK 74467)- (918) 485-9206
- Lake Eufaula Marina(HC, Box 1435, 60, Checotah, OK 74426)- (918) 689-7337
- Pat's Achery & Outdoors(12601 US-75, Okmulgee, OK 74447)- (918) 756-4632
- Walmart Supercenter (Okmulgee)(1800 S Wood Dr, Okmulgee, OK 74447)- (918) 756-6790
Taft lake receives Florida Largemouth fingerling stockings when available in order to increase the trophy potential of the Largemouth bass population. Threadfin shad are stocked to serve as a supplemental forage to increase the seasonal forage base.
Allowed methods: up to two rods and reels per person.
Fish Species of Interest
List of Threatened and Endangered Species Scheduled for Updates in 2023
We discuss scheduled federal listings of threatened and endangered species with the Wildlife Department’s endangered species biologist.
Mar 23, 2023
Controlling Chinese Privet
We address the plant, the problem, and the solution for controlling Chinese privet.
Mar 16, 2023