The Lake of the Arbuckles is a 2,350-acre reservoir formed by the impoundment of Guy Sandy, Buckhorn, and Rock Creeks, approximately 8 miles southwest of Sulphur in Murray County, Oklahoma. It was constructed by the Bureau of Reclamation in 1967 and has a watershed of 126 square miles in south-central Oklahoma. Arbuckle Dam and water levels are managed by the Bureau of Reclamation. Recreational access, patrols, and lakeside facilities are managed by the National Park Service.
Lake of the Arbuckles (Google Map) is located 6 miles southwest of Sulphur in between SH 7 and US 177 within the Chickasaw National Recreation Area.
- Arbuckle Bait Box- (580) 622-5359
- Buckhorn Bait- (405) 487-8180
- Point Bait Shop- (580) 622-6338
- Walmart Supercenter (Sulphur)- (580) 622-6146
- Walmart Supercenter (Ardmore)- (580) 226-1257
- Academy (Ardmore)- (580) 768-6429
- Dickey's Tackle Box
- Jones Wholesale Bait Inc- (580) 224-9944
- Lake Country Store- (580) 226-0030
- Scotty's Blue River One Stop- (580) 371-9288
Crappie: 15 combined per day, must be 10 inches or longer.