Blue River is 3,367 acres of Postoak and Blackjack timber and scattered openings. Located 8 miles northeast of Tishomingo.
From Tishomingo (south entrance): 4 miles east on State Hwy 78, 6½ miles north on Bullard Chapel Rd (N3590). From Tishomingo (north entrance): 9 miles north on U.S. Hwy 377, 1 mile east on State Hwy 7.
ODWC manages primitive campgrounds and latrines. Blue River is 3,367 acres of Postoak and Blackjack timber and scattered openings with 6.25 miles of wadable stream access.
- Scotty's Blue River One Stop- (580) 371-9288
- Buckhorn Bait- (405) 487-8180
- Texoma Tackle- (580) 564-7344
- Arbuckle Bait Box- (580) 622-5359
- Leelore's Bait & Tackle
- Lighthouse Bait and Tackle- (580) 564-2633
- Point Bait Shop- (580) 622-6338
- Walmart Supercenter (Durant)- (580) 920-0234
- Walmart Supercenter (Sulphur)- (580) 622-6146
- Walmart (Atoka)- (580) 889-6676
From November through mid-March, Blue River is a designated trout area, and is stocked with rainbows every two weeks. During the spring and summer, channel catfish are regularly stocked.
Spotted bass: must be 14 inches or longer.
Channel and/or blue catfish: six combined per day.
All crappie: six combined per day, no size limit.
Allowed methods: one rod and reel per person during trout season (other times up to two rods and reels per person).
Note: For more trout regulations, see Trout Regulations.
All hunting is restricted to shotguns or archery equipment only.
Same As Statewide Seasons
Hunter and angler camping is allowed in designated areas.