The Lower Mountain Fork River (Google Map) is located 3 miles east of Hochatown on SH 259A.
Oklahoma State Parks manages campgrounds with full RV hookups, cabins and hiking trails.
- Beavers Bend Fly Shop(545 Beavers Bend Rd, Broken Bow, OK 74728)- (580) 494-6071
- Beavers Bend Marina(196 Marina Ln, Broken Bow, OK 74728)- (580) 722-5200
- Hookers Live Bait Fire & Ice(9114 US-259, Broken Bow, OK 74728)- (580) 236-4784
- Walmart Supercenter (Broken Bow)(501 S Park Dr, Broken Bow, OK 74728)- (580) 584-3324
- Walmart Supercenter (Idabel)(1907 SE Washington St, Idabel, OK 74745)- (580) 286-6696
- JC's Store(4456 Pine Creek Rd, Valliant, OK 74764)- (580) 933-4957
- Red Barn Propane - Bait, Tackle(2926 US-Hwy 70, Hugo, OK 74743)- (580) 317-9479
- Walmart Supercenter (Hugo)(1911 E Jackson St, Hugo, OK 74743)- (580) 326-6494
- Sardis Lake Custom Lures(481 SE SW 240th Rd, Tuskahoma, OK 74574)- (918) 942-8118
- D&J Bait N Grub(25816 US-270, Wister, OK 74966)- (918) 655-7975
Trout are regularly stocked.
Allowed methods: one rod and reel per person. (Also see “Tailwaters” regulations.)
Note: For more trout regulations, see Trout Regulations.
Lower Mountain Fork River Trout Area Report
Mar 31. Elevation is 2 ft. above normal (rising), water temperature 50°F and clear.
Trout, Rainbow Fair on PowerBait, small lures, worms around creek channels, rocks.
Comments: Water levels are above average with USACOE releasing water due to inflows from upstream into the lake.
Report submitted by Mark Hannah (Game Warden McCurtain County)
List of Threatened and Endangered Species Scheduled for Updates in 2023
We discuss scheduled federal listings of threatened and endangered species with the Wildlife Department’s endangered species biologist.
Mar 23, 2023
Controlling Chinese Privet
We address the plant, the problem, and the solution for controlling Chinese privet.
Mar 16, 2023