Operated by US Army Corps of Engineers. Impounded in 1970, R.S. Kerr is the 15th pool along with the McClellan Kerr navigation system. R.S. Kerr is the 3rd largest lake in Oklahoma at 43,800 surface acres. In typical Arkansas river valley fashion, much of the lake is shallow, and there are many islands and sand bars, especially in the mid to upper areas of the lake. Major tributaries that are popular places to fish are the Illinois and Canadian Rivers and San Bois and Sallisaw creeks. Most recreation on R.S. Kerr is either hunting or fishing-related.
Robert S. Kerr Reservoir (Google Map) is located 7 miles south of I-40 on US 59.
U.S. Corps of Engineers manages campgrounds and boat ramps.
- Walmart Supercenter (Sallisaw)- (918) 775-4492
- JJ's Bait Shop- (918) 552-2272
- Dave's Bait & Tackle- (918) 489-2424
- Atwoods- (918) 647-9400
- Double K Bait & More- (918) 613-4101
- D&J Bait N Grub- (918) 655-7975
- Jimmy Houston Outdoors Store- (918) 456-1156
- Walmart Supercenter (Tahlequah)- (918) 456-8804
- Belle Starr Marina- (918) 689-2132
- Mike's Outdoors- (918) 687-3146
Sauger and walleye are subject to a 16" minimum to protect sauger broodstock.
(Includes oxbows and cutoffs)
Walleye, sauger and saugeye: 16-inch minimum.
Feb 3. Elevation is Normal (stable), water temperature 46°F and murky. (USACE Lake Level)
Report submitted by Logan Shimp (Game Warden Haskell County)