Operated by the US Army Corps of Engineers.
Lake Texoma (Google Map) is located 5 miles east of Kingston on US 70.
U.S. Corps of Engineers and Oklahoma State Parks manage campgrounds with full RV hookups, boat ramps and fishing docks.
- Texoma Tackle(1875 US-70, Kingston, OK 73439)- (580) 564-7344
- Leelore's Bait & Tackle(509 US-70, Kingston, OK 73439)
- Lighthouse Bait and Tackle(10 S Main St, Kingston, OK 73439)- (580) 564-2633
- Walmart Supercenter (Durant)(3712 W Main St, Durant, OK 74701)- (580) 920-0234
- Scotty's Blue River One Stop(4501 S Bullard Chapel Rd, Tishomingo, OK 73460)- (580) 371-9288
- Lake Country Store(18550 Scenic, State Hwy 77, Ardmore, OK 73401)- (580) 226-0030
- Dickey's Tackle Box(270 S Washington St, Ardmore, OK 73401)
- Walmart (Atoka)(1983 S Mississippi Ave, Atoka, OK 74525)- (580) 889-6676
- Walmart Supercenter (Ardmore)(1715 N Commerce St, Ardmore, OK 73401)- (580) 226-1257
- Academy (Ardmore)(1605 12th Ave NW, Ardmore, OK 73401)- (580) 768-6429
Florida largemouth bass are stocked frequently.
Texoma, Marchall County, 580-564-2566
Note: Fishing regulations may differ between Oklahoma and Texas portions of Lake Texoma. Check the Texas Fishing Guide for details.
Largemouth, smallmouth and spotted bass: five combined per day/14-inch minimum for largemouth and smallmouth bass. Striped bass and/or striped bass hybrids: 10 combined per day, of which only two may be 20 inches or longer. White bass: 25 per day/no size limit. All crappie: 37 combined per day/10-inch minimum. Flathead catfish: five per day/20-inch minimum. The attempt to take or harvest alligator gar is prohibited May 1-31. Alligator gar harvest must be reported within 24 hours via E-Check at wildlifedepartment.com.
Texas Side: During May, no person shall take alligator gar from, or possess alligator gar while on, the Red River (including Lake Texoma) and all tributaries that drain directly or indirectly to the Red River on the Texas/Oklahoma border in Cooke, Grayson, Fannin, Lamar, Red River, and Bowie counties.
Mar 19. Elevation is Normal (stable), water temperature 55°F and stained. (USACE Lake Level)
Bass, Striped Fair on live shad, plastic baits, sassy shad around channels, creek channels, main lake, points.
Catfish, Blue, Catfish, Channel, Catfish, Flathead Fair on cut bait, dough bait, live shad, PowerBait, punch bait, stinkbait around channels, coves, docks, points, river channel.
Crappie, Black, Crappie, White Fair on hair jigs, jigs around brush structure, coves, docks.
Comments: Fishing this week has been slow. Striper are biting on thundersticks while trolling and also live shad. Catfish are being on rod and reel near channels and ledges on live and cut bait. Crappie are starting to bite on jigs and minnows near brush piles and docks.
Report submitted by Garrett Beam (Game Warden Bryan County)
List of Threatened and Endangered Species Scheduled for Updates in 2023
We discuss scheduled federal listings of threatened and endangered species with the Wildlife Department’s endangered species biologist.
Mar 23, 2023
Controlling Chinese Privet
We address the plant, the problem, and the solution for controlling Chinese privet.
Mar 16, 2023