Tom Steed Lake (Google Map) is located 5 miles north of Snyder on State Hwy 18.
Great Plains State Park manages campgrounds with full RV hookups, a boat ramp and swimming beach.
- Tom Steed Bait Shop- (580) 569-2690
- Brian's Bait Shop- (580) 563-5005
- Walmart Supercenter (Altus)- (580) 482-8189
- Roger's Tackle- (580) 477-1727
- Little Dam Bait Shop- (580) 529-3267
- Castaway Bait Shop- (580) 878-2248
- Walmart Supercenter (Lawton)- (580) 355-9070
- Porter Hill Bait Shop- (580) 492-4861
- Ralph's Resort- (580) 492-4763
- Dj's Bait Shop- (580) 588-2121
Lake is stocked with hybrid striped bass and saugeye.
May 23. Elevation is 6 ft. below normal (falling), water temperature 65°F and murky. (USACE Lake Level)
Crappie, White Fair on jigs, minnows around brush structure, rocks, shorelines.
Comments: Trolling with deep crankbaits for white bass, hybrids and saugeye.
Report submitted by David Smith (Game Warden Kiowa County)