The following are brief descriptions of regulation changes. This summary of regulation changes is intended to be used as a reference only. You are required to be familiar with all the changes to regulations that apply to each of these items.
- New methods of take are available during open rifle seasons, for more information please see below.
- Spotlighting/Headlighting Coyotes/Feral Hogs: See General Hunting Regulations.
- Quail Season on Department Managed Land: Closed to non-resident hunting February 1-15 on western Wildlife Management Areas. See Special Area Regulations.
- Trapping on Department Managed Land: Open same as statewide regulations from February 1 to the end of February. See Special Area Regulations.
- Camping on Department Managed Land: Limited to a maximum of 16 consecutive days. See Department Managed Area Rules.
- Mergansers now included in duck daily bag limit. See Migratory Game Bird Regulations.
- Squirrel: Season open year-round for falconry. See Small Game Regulations.
Free Hunting Days
September 3 - 4, 2022
Do you know someone who wants to try hunting? Take them afield the first weekend in September. No hunting license is required for Oklahoma residents on Free Hunting Days!
Introduce someone to hunting this season!