Help the youth, veterans and active military members of Oklahoma get involved in the sport of waterfowl hunting. Take a kid, veteran and/or active military member with you on your next hunt, or encourage them to participate in the special opportunities below.
Zones 1 & 2 - Youth, Veteran & Active Military Waterfowl Days
Panhandle Counties - Youth, Veteran & Active Military Waterfowl Days
Youth, Veteran & Active Military Waterfowl Days
These days are special waterfowl hunting opportunities for youths, veterans and active military members providing two additional days outside of the regular waterfowl season. Youth hunters must be 15 or younger. An adult must accompany the youth hunter into the field. The accompanying adult must be 18 or older and hunter education certified or exempt, regardless of whether the youth is hunter education certified. This adult cannot hunt ducks, mergansers or coots, unless also qualifying as a veteran or other active duty military; but may participate in other open seasons. Veterans (as defined in section 101 of title 38, United States Code) and members of the Armed Forces on active duty, including members of the National Guard and Reserves on active duty (other than for training), may also participate. All species and sex specific limits are the same as during the regular seasons.
ODWC Guided Youth Waterfowl Hunts
These guided hunts offer the opportunity to experience the joys of waterfowling to youths who don't have a mentor who hunts waterfowl.
- Dates: Set by hunter and guide.
- Locations: Fort Cobb State Park, Fort Gibson Lake, Hackberry Flat WMA, Keystone Lake, Packsaddle WMA, Vann's Lake and Wister Lake Refuge.
- Required Equipment: All equipment, including gun and ammunition, will be provided.
- Age: Applicants must be 12 to 15 years of age, have proof of successfully completing a certified hunter education course, and have an adult guardian who can accompany them on the hunt (guardian is not allowed to hunt).
- Application Deadline: Nov. 5, 2022.
- How To Apply: Apply online HERE.
For more information, contact Paxton Smith, Migratory Bird Technician, at email@example.com.